A great variety of leisure activities awaits you!
Seelbach is a renowned officially recognised climatic health resort in the central Black Forest.
There are historic buildings worth seeing, churches, an outdoor swimming pool, wonderful sauna and wellness offers and last but not least two castle ruins. The Geroldseck castle ruins are the area's symbol. You have a beautiful view of these from all parts of the farm.
The idyllic Lützelhard castle ruins, which are located above our farm, are a 15 minutes' walk away. Here, in the southern part of the Ortenau region, we enjoy the advantages of a varied countryside consisting of a well-balanced mixture of forest and meadows.
The Rhine plains with neighbouring Alsace as well as the vineyards of the Ortenau region which is renowned for its good Baden cuisine are nearby. You can explore the area by hiking, Nordic walking or mountain bike (also with GPS), by riding a bicycle or in an even more leisurely way by e-bike. In the neighbouring village there are outdoor swimming pools as well as an indoor swimming pool, two very nice golf courses and plenty of sights, of course.
You can certainly look forward to the subtle interplay of Black Forest traditions and modernity.
A few initial ideas are given below. We will gladly help with individual plans on the spot.
- Geroldsecker Qualitätsweg & Geroldsecker Burgpfad
- Europa-Park Rust – The large leisure park for the whole family (25km from our farm)
- Vogtsbauernhöfe – Experience the history of the Black Forest farms in an open-air museum (22km away)
- Triberger Wasserfälle – The waterfalls are a unique wonder of nature (40km away)
- Dorotheenhütte – This glassworks is located in Wolfach (at 25km)
- Offenburg – The friendly capital of the Ortenau region (25km away)
- Freiburg – The immensely likeable Black Forest metropolis (at 50km)
- Numerous historic little Black Forest towns, which are truly romantic and idyllic, such as:
Gengenbach (at 19km), Haslach (at 18km), Schiltach (at 40km), Zell am Harmersbach (at 10km)
- Strasbourg (56km away) and neighbouring Alsace with Colmar (76km away), the renowned Haut-Koenigsbourg (a castle 72km from our farm), Mont Ste Odile (a former monastery 53km away), Obernai (at 49km) or Riquewihr (75km away)
This great variety will quite certainly be of interest at any season and in every kind of weather!